Sunday 19 August 2012

Treasurer's garden


For my money the most beautiful house in York, the Treasurer's House, happened to have the garden gates open as I passed by recently. Originally the home of York Minster Treasurer it sits next to the Minster giving stunning views from the garden. It does however have a slightly dodgy line in garden statuary, part of the collection of former owner Frank Green I suspect. He is described on the National Trust website as an eccentric bachelor with a very particular sense of taste and style! Close up statue picture tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely shot - looking forward to tomorrow's close-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I remember this house. Doesn't the National Trust have a tea room in the basement? We did not have a chance to tour the house, regrettably, while we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what the pay was but the house that went with the job is just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. All comments are read, and I will try to answer any blog related questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...