Wednesday 8 August 2012

D is for Door Knocker


This door knocker can be found on Stonegate, one of York's oldest streets. It has been painted black like the door and I suspect has quite some age to it. I didn't notice the colours reflected in the glossy paint until I reviewed the photo back home! When I look at this door knocker I think I can see a gentleman in a large floppy hat with a ruff around his neck, and very long arms which can be raised to knock on the door. What do you see?
Taking part in ABC Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. A classic feature! more interesting than a buzzer, though a doorbell can be nice too.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful find and a lovely photo- I see what you see Deb, and am sure that is what we are meant to observe, but I can also catch sight of an Egyptian mummy... (off to opticians soon)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feels a little bit spooky--I can hear the loud banging--klunking sound of it hitting the door.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the name "Stonegate" brings a cold erie feeling... I like your interpretation of the knocker!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful door knocker. Catching up With ABC.

    Daredevil Diva
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I too think that this has been on this door for quite some years. I can see where you are coming from with the face but...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see a lovely old door, with beautifully reflective property....and I think it's a man with long arms tool....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. All comments are read, and I will try to answer any blog related questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...