Tuesday 7 February 2012

Looking South from Clifford's Tower


If you climb up the steps to the Tower, then climb up the steps within the Tower there is a great view over York and it's surroundings. The view south from the castle is over the River Ouse to the Bishophill area of the city. The tree covered green mound in the top left of the picture is Baile Hill. This was the site of the second castle William the Conqueror ordered built to help quell civil unrest in the north of his new kingdom.

3 comments:

  1. I am shocked - it looked so isolated in your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is pretty much close to something else in York RedPat, Clifford's Tower also overlooks a car park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see there's a building for sale right on the river. I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. All comments are read, and I will try to answer any blog related questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...